Here at That Fish Place – That Pet Place, our retail store display tanks are ever-changing. Whether we add some new livestock, hook up the latest equipment or simply get bored with what’s out there, our tanks are in a constant state of flux. This blog takes a look at a few of these displays, and points out a couple highlights about their designs and the staff whom maintain them here at the store. As always, if you have any questions or comments regarding specifics or anything else about the tanks, feel free to shoot us an email at email@example.com or hit us up on Facebook or Twitter.
Matt’s 34 gal. AquaEuro Nano Reef Setup
Floor Supervisor Matt Maurer
Maurer’s Reef is highlighted by a pair of mated Seahorses
Doug’s 65 gal. 250 Red Sea Max SPS Tank
Set up and Maintained By
Floor Supervisor Doug Fries
- Standard Lighting and Filtration from Max 250 Aquarium
- Bigger protein skimmer to support corals – Super Reef Octopus LX1000S HOB Skimmer
- Upgraded Giesemann Bulbs
- 2 Vortech MP40 Pumps for improved circulation
- TAAM Poly Media Reactor for dosing
- Lots and lots of coral: Acropora sp., Montipora sp., Pocillopora sp., Frogspawn, Green Hairy Mushrooms, Various Zoanthid sp., Purple Star Polyps
- Blue & Orange Crocea Clam
- Male and Female Onyx Percula Clownfish, Male and Female Lyretail Anthias, Starry Blenny, Six Line Wrasse
Cory’s 55 Gallon Freshwater Planted Community Tank
Aquatics expert Kory Stahl
- 48 in. Marineland Reef Capable LED System
- Marineland C360 Canister Filter
- Koralia Evolution 550 for circulation
Cory’s gorgeous planted tank is highlighted by a wealth of aquatic plants. Including Pearl Grass, Water Sprites and a Tiger Lotus. The community fish setup includes a koi freshwater angel and various tetras.
Check our our Facebook page for additional pictures of all of our store displays, past and present. We’ll highlight updates to our larger displays in a later blog.
Have a great holiday!